Thursday, December 31, 2009

Raspberry Cheesecake


I can't say that I invented this recipe, but I did make it for Christmas. And it was delicious! I followed the recipe exactly (except for using frozen raspberries instead of fresh) because I've never made a cheesecake before, let alone one with a topping. It was daunting, and requires a springform pan, but I made it through.

The results are a more cake-like cheesecake that's not too sweet. I cake itself is light and fluffy, with only a hint of sweetness. I had my grandmother's version of cheesecake the next day, and hers is more dense and smooth, with a sour cream topping (for comparison). The topping is not very sweet, but that was good because I don't really like sugary desserts like I used to. Even my dad, who won't eat sweet things except for his mother's apple pie, liked it.

I forgot to take pictures of the process, or maybe they're on another camera, but here are a few of the final product.


No comments:

Post a Comment